Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Klimt

When people find out that I'm an artist, they always ask me who is my artistic idol and I never have an answer.

But behold! I have found my artist role model: Gustav Klimt.
Water Serpents II, 1907-1908
I saw his Water Serpents II at IKEA (where they clearly cut out the other half of the painting) once and I adored it but I never looked into who made it or anything. A few days ago, my good friend and fellow artist (who's going to NYU!) told me that my profile picture looked like Klimt. So I Googled him and I was so flattered!

Klimt is everything that I'm about. He's whimsical, has a clear love of the female body, uses color and patterns, and is a little bit of a fashion illustrator.

To find out more about him, I went to, the most reliable source ever, Wikipedia.

Uhm, wait. He's handsome!
Gustav Klimt (July 14, 1862 – February 6, 1918) was an Austrian symbolist painter and one of the most prominent members of theVienna Secession movement. Klimt is noted for his paintings, muralssketches, and other art objects. Klimt's primary subject was the female body;[1] his works are marked by a frank eroticism.
 I like him.

One of his early works
Savoyan Boy, 1882
Doesn't this look like a photo?!
Portrait of Marie Breunig, 1894

My personal favorite
Danae, 1907
I think to better myself as an artist I need to first be trained classically. If I can learn to draw classically, then I will have the power to create whatever I want. My problem is that I feel like I don't have the technique it takes to bring my visions to life. In other words, I have talent but no technique, which is often the case in other departments of my life.

So at the moment, I'm looking into Georgetown Atelier. Full time is $6,231 and part time is $412 per 6 week block or $345 per 5 week block...

Uhhh. Lemme focus on getting a car first.

To find out more about Gustav Klimt click this.

Beautfiul
This is perfect
The Kiss

No comments:

Post a Comment