Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Voter Responsibility


This year is the first year that I'll be able to vote and to be real I haven't been keeping up with Obama or Romney. Honestly, I'm not sold on either candidate.

I like Obama because he's pro-choice and supports gay rights. But I don't know what's going on with the country right now and I don't like the fact that we're still sending soldiers out to Iraq...because I don't know what's really going on there either!

I like Romney not because he's Mormon but he just seems to know his stuff when it comes to financials. And yeah, his history in that department hasn't been the cleanest but who HASN'T outsourced? That's all our country does.

I don't like Obama's ad campaign strategy of bashing Romney. It's almost petty. But politicians do that all the time. Still haven't seen a Romney ad that has attacked Obama so I think that's a good reflection of his character.

Obama is cool and handsome. Plus he's black which always wins brownie points from the people.

Romney is old, but he's handsome as well. And I think Massachusetts voted for him for a reason.

I'm just so confused.

I want Bill Clinton.

He had a messed up personal life but I think our economy was doin' pretty well with him. Not to mention his environmental efforts. Although he did slip up on Rwanda.

Anyway. Election day is coming up and I am simply not ready.

I feel strongly about voting because it does make a difference. People sometimes wonder how crazy referendums or taxes get passed and it's because old people know that voting counts.

I just hope my generation pulls through on voting because it affects all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment