Monday, July 23, 2012

Lovely


I just finished watching Roman Holiday, a movie starring Gregory Peck and at the time introducing Audrey Hepburn. The ending left me saying, "WHAT?!" because in my mind they are supposed to fall in love and find a way to be together. Not fall in love and go back to their own lives. Also, I've realized that this movie plot is the movie plot of like fifty movies that came after it and I don't doubt there's more to come.

Like everyone else, I've had this long time obsession with Audrey Hepburn and her elegance is breathtaking as usual.

On the other hand, I got to see Gregory Peck in a different light and he is so handsome!

In To Kill A Mockingbird he's like a George Clooney handsome but in Roman Holiday he's much younger and his swag (for lack of a better word) is just out of this world. He's old school handsome.

I wish Audrey and Gregory married in real life. They would have had awesome babies. Their babies would have been beautiful and charming.

To find people as lovely and elegant as these two is extremely difficult, especially today. I dearly want to be like Audrey but to balance classy and grungy at the same time is equally difficult.


Sigh. First world problems.

"Elegance is the only beauty that never fades."
- Audrey Hepburn

No comments:

Post a Comment