Monday, November 26, 2012

Delilah isn't real?


Truth be told, I believed Santa was real until I was thirteen years old and my Christmases haven't been the same since.

Nevertheless, I am a relentless Christmas zealot. Probably because my sister would make me watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade with her every year and after Thanksgiving nothing else would be on TV except Christmas movies. Nothing has changed.

One of my favorite parts about the holidays is the music. "On 106.9, it's Christmas all the time" with Delilah! Or Christopher Clause, depending on what time you listen. Delilah is a local radio personality. She gets callers who want to play a song for a loved one and often times listens to their humble situations and gives really sappy holiday peace on earth responses. I suffer through those radio segments because I love the music so much.

Anyway, one day my sister and I wanted to listen to holiday music in her new apartment. She doesn't have a radio so she got the New York Christmas station on iHeart radio and you know who was on there?! DELILAH!

My world was changed and I felt like I had rediscovered that Santa wasn't real. How could she do this to me?

Later that night my sister and I were running an errand to the store listening to the holiday radio station and Delilah was on.

She said, "Blahblahablah...coming from my farm outside of Seattle."
WHY WOULD SHE LIE TO ME WHEN I JUST HEARD HER IN NEW YORK. WHY.

Ain't that some bull.

No worries, though. Despite everything, my holiday spirit is still strong! And I'm still listening to 106.9. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment